CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Heart2Heart challenge: Doilies and Lace

This post is going to be short and sweet this week.  I just returned from Close To My Heart's annual Convention in Disneyworld, and while I had the time of my life, this chick is TIRED!  :-)  But I am beyond excited about what CTMH has to offer in the new Idea Book (which goes live 2 weeks from today, by the way!!!!).  More on that in the upcoming days.  :-)

This week's challenge over at Heart2Heart is to create artwork using doilies and/or lace, real, stamped or die cut.  This challenge comes a few weeks too soon, as CTMH  revealed this week that we have partnered with Cricut to produce an exclusive Cricut cartridge, and there are EASILY at least 50 images on the cartridge that are doilies or lacy!!!  But in the meantime, I have a really adorable doily die-cut that I recently purchased at a scrapbook expo.  I was so excited to have an opportunity to try it out!  But I was very disappointed...the die did not cut cleanly, and was way too intricate to try to clean up with my scissors.  Luckily, I had some little Martha Stewart doilies on hand.  They are paper, so I was able to stamp on them to give them a little more visual interest.



 I had some spare pieces from a Mix-n-Mingle album left from another project, so I used those to create a little mini-notebook to bring with me to Convention. 

I simply adhered some B&T paper to the front and back, and adhered some notebook paper to the inside (I used a red-line tape to attach this).  I actually cut up a notepad to make the paper, but I later realized that I could have just as easily placed some Post-It Notes inside.  :-)

Here is a picture of the inside:




 Add a flower (see this post to learn how to make this flower) and a cute little button from the Pink and Red assortment, and Voila!  Adorableness!  :-)

Thanks for looking!  Leave a little love if you feel like it, but be sure to come back soon!

Material used (all products are CTMH, except where noted):
base: Mix-n-Mingle Album
paper:  Sophia B&T, Pear cs
stamps: Universal Backgrounds, Boutique Borders
ink:  Pear
Embellishments: Martha Stewart paper doilies, Red and Pink button assortment, white floss, white ric-rac, pink ribbon (from my scrap stash), generic notebook tablet from Staples


3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, CUTE project! I like how you stamped the text on the doily itself. Very nice and subtle accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the text stamped on the doily....can't wait for our Cricut cartridge to be out also..so many cuts, so little time!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love this paper pack and that was a wonderful idea to stamp onto the doily. Very very creative. Thanks for sharing.
    Happily Scrapbooking My Memories~S`andra

    ReplyDelete