CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

From Our Heart To Yours.....

I have to start off this blog post by apologizing for the lack of posts recently.....I have been creating like a madwoman, though, and there will be tons of new paper art projects coming your way very, very soon.  I promise!  So please hang in there with me, and hopefully you will enjoy the projects I'll be sharing in the near future....

This week at H2H, each design team member created a card that was done in their own typical "style".  Challenge participants are then asked to CASE (copy and share everything) the design of their choice, and share the result with us.  I am excited to see what everyone comes up with! 

Here is my offering for the week.  My husband and I recently celebrated our 18th anniversary (has it really been that long????), and I made this card for him.  My typical style is very clean and linear.  I am drawn by muted colors, and the new Sonoma line was just calling my name for this card.  You can almost always find some dimension (in the form of ribbons, bling, metals, etc.) on my cards, and stamping is a must!  I also think my cards look naked if they are not inked up and distressed, so I usually distress the heck out of everything, usually with a sponge or a dauber, and almost always with Chocolate ink.

This card base and the Olive mat were both cut out with the new Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I should probably say that almost everything I make from now on will also have something cut with this cartridge.  I just LURVE it!  It's really that amazing. 

I hope this card has given you a little inspiration.  Feel free to copy it if you'd like!  Thanks for looking, and happy crafting!

Supplies (all materials by Close To My Heart):
-paper:  Sonoma level 2 pack, Olive Cardstock, Colonial White cs
-stamps:  Key Moments B1392
-inks: Bamboo, Cocoa
-embellishments:  Foundry Metal Accessories, Olive Mini-Medleys
-other:  Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge

2 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I too really like a clean and simple style with some distressing and dimension. We even used the same stamp set for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete