CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy birthday, baby girl!!

So as I said in a recent post, our May/June is jammed with celebrations.  Today is my daughter's turn, as she turns 11 years old.  It's so bittersweet for me, as she's my youngest, and I think it's even harder watching her grow up, knowing there's no more kids behind her.  No more sippy cups, no more blankies, no more night lights, no more Brownies, no more elementary school.  But she's growing up to be such a wonderful young woman, it's making those "no mores" easier to accept.  We're so proud of her, and are eager to watch her develop into the amazing young woman God wants her to be.  Happy birthday, Allie!!

Since Allie is a competitive gymnast, we thought it would be fun to surprise her with tickets to the Covergirl Classic gymnastics meet in Chicago.  This is a meet where the nation's top gymnasts compete....competitors in previous years have included Carly Patterson, Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liuken, Alicia Sacramone, and Chelsie Memmel, just to name a few.  She is so EXCITED to go!  It will be a girls weekend, with just her, her friend Leah, myself, my mom and my sister-in-law going.   NO BOYS this trip!  Because of the cost, she agreed that this trip IS her birthday...no other presents, or parties.  (Part of me is secretly relieved at the no party part....sssh!)  To present her with the ticket (well, the receipt for the tickets...I ordered online!), I made a special little box for her, using Sophia papaers.  I also made a coordinating birthday card.  It was a total Sophia weekend, as I finally decorated some paper maiche letters I've had sitting in my craft room for years, but I'll post on that later.  :-)

Here are pictures of the box and card:


And pictures of Allie opening her present:

 

Happy birthday, baby girl!!!!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment