CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 30, 2012

Operation Smile Auction....

This past weekend I had the amazing opportunity to spend time with some other Close To My Heart Consultants in New Jersey, at a training conference called Leadershare.  What a fantastic trip!  We were lucky enough to have three of the Corporate Vice-Presidents there with us which just amazed me since the training was a relatively small group of consultants (about 120 of us).  Seriously, what company sends 3 of their top executives cross-country for such a small group?  For me, that just solidified the idea that Corporate CTMH really does care about the consultants, and is commited to making sure we have the best training available.

In addition to all the wonderful training (and awesome stamping goodies!!!) we received, one other hightlight of the weekend was the auction to raise funds for one of the charities CTMH supports, Operation Smile.  I was honored to be asked to donate a project for the auction.  After initially freaking out about what I was going to make, and having major self-doubt about whether I could create something that others would actually want to spend money for, I decided to create a home decor project.  I ended up making a canvas that can be used as a wall hanging.  Here is a picture (click on the picture to make it larger):



I was so humbled to have my artwork featured next to some other truly amazing art.  There are some seriously talented paper artists in Close To My Heart, y'all!!!! 


We went non-stop all weekend, and I came home and just crashed on the couch, but it was such a fun get-away.  Why don't you join me next time??  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment