CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 28, 2011

Sketch time!!

My post this week is going to be very, very brief.  Many of you know that I have had back issues, and had surgery in February.  I've recovered well, but I twisted wrong or something a few days ago, and it really really hurts to sit at a computer (don't know what I'm going to do at work this week!).  So, brief blog entry it is (it will make up for all the other posts where I tend to ramble on.....).

We have a sketch challenge at H2H this week.  Here is the sketch:
                                                Sketch12

And here is my interpretation:
The stitches were hand stitched, using the amazing new Ruler to make guide holes.  I popped up the sentiment with some dimensional tape.  And of course I had to add some bling.  Here is a closer look:

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope all my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that everyone has a fantastic week this week!  My son plays in his first high school basketball game tonight, so I'm excited to see that.  Go Vikings!  :-)


Materials list (all products are CTMH, except where noted):
paper:  Mistletoe Level 2 (retired), Chocolate cardstock, Cranberry cardstock, Colonial White cardstock.
stamp set: Just for the Holidays
ink: Chocolate
embellishments and tools: Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain, Mocha Opaques, Colonial White Embroidery Floss, Ruler, Scalloped Punch,

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I especially love that big fat striped ribbon. Hope your back feels better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with this sketch. I really like the ribbon and how you added it to the card. And of course the bling is perfect. Be careful with your back. Hope you feel better and better and better as each day goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! Being a seamstress how could I forget the stitching. That ruler is amazing. The stitching really adds to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! I really like the ribbon you added. I'll be praying for a quick recovery to your back pain. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! The ribbon and the Mistletoe paper go so well together.
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete