CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 5, 2011

Color Challenge, continued....

Last week's challenge at Heart2Heart Challenges involved the colors Cocoa, Pear and Sorbet.  This week, we're asked to create projects in the color combo that we love the most.  Now, I love many different color combinations, depending on what type of project I'm making.  But I'm definitely a "Pink" girl (ask anyone who knows me!), and I especially like pink when paired with a bright green, Like Pear.  Here is what I decided to make:


I absolutely love the colors in the Sophia paper pack, particularly Hollyhock and Pear, and since I have plenty of paper from this line, I decided to use some of them up.  I went with the theme of "consume, not collect", and deccorated these paper mache letters that I've had sitting around FOREVER!  I painted them, then traced them onto the Sophia paper, cut out the letters, and used Mod Podge to adhere them to the paper mache letters.  I then used my sanding block and finishing files to even out the edges.  Some stamping and some embellies finish it off.  These letters now grace the top of my much beloved Ikea Expedit book shelf in my craft room, inspiring me to CREATE every day!!

Blogger is being very persnickity about letting me upload any more photos.  I promise I will come back soon and post some close ups of my letters. Hope you enjoy this project, and I invite you to play along with us this week at H2H.  We've got a guest Design Team member joining us for September...Jane Haas.  Please give her a warm welcome, and visit her at http://scrappy-gram.blogspot.com/.  We have 2 new prize sponsors as well:  Heather Hunt (www.creativecoconut08.blogspot.com) and Kelly Jo Ratcliff (www.kjsstamppad.blogspot.com).  They've got some really great prizes to give out, and you can win this month simply by playing along with our challenges!

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Crafting!! 


2 comments:

  1. LOVE your color combo and your letters! This is one of my fave combos too. So many colors, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to love about pink? Beautiful artwork!!

    ReplyDelete