CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Love white core paper!!


Today I want to show you just how awesome Close To My Heart's cardstock is.  The wonderful thing about this cardstock is that it is white core, which means that the middle of the paper is white.  While that may not make such a difference if you're using the entire sheet of cardstock, it gives you some options to do some really cool things with it.  Here is an example of a thank you card that I made for my customers, using a technique called dry embossing.  I embossed straight lines on the cardstock (using my ScorePal, or you can use a bone folder and ruler) and then sanded off the raised part, with our sanding block, removing the color of the cardstock, and revealing the white core of the paper.  Very cool effect, no????   If you look closely, you can see that the circle of Cocoa cardstock has also been distressed along the edges (using the Edge Distresser tool), again revealing the white core.  So much fun!! Have you tried a new technique today????   What are you waiting for??  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment